Saturday, November 12, 2011

Benedikt Behnke

Name- Benedikt Behnke  
Location- Deutschland, Würzburg
Age- 22
Education- studies German and Theology 
First memory- scrabbling on the floor and playing with some baby toys.
... I've got a lot of these scenes on my mind 
... but only scenes, impressions.
  what do you enjoy most about being an artist? 
    - to be creative and free - and to show it to people.

what do you think separates you from other artists? 
      - well, I'm not trying to be better than other artist - I do what I want and don't care what other artist do.  I live only my life - but, in fact, this wouldn't separate me from other artist ... well, I don't think that I can say what, but may be you can!?

how would you describe your artwork?
        - dark, funny, irritating, strange




 do you remember the first piece of art you constructed?
             - do you mean conscious? or unconscious, for example as a child,  the first thing I would declare as art has been a black woman with a staff, standing in water, and jack o' lanterns all around - and earlier I wrote some fantasy novels, the first one has been called "Der Talisman" and I wrote it at the age of ten. It's a bloody vampire story. I mixed Dracula, The Lord of the Rings and a few Shannara themes together and came up with this massive piece of work. A lot of other novels followed, and soon I won some competitions ... now I am published. Nice, isn't it? ;D



do you have any current projects you are working on now? 
- I'm working on a couple of novels, one dark genre, the other one a funny thriller, and the rest is erotic stuff

 where do you get your inspiration from? 
- movies, novels, pictures, life
 
 are there any particular artists you follow?
- lots of artists, but mostly I don't recall their names.



how long does it take you to complete a piece of art?
        - this depends. if it's a novel it will take me half a year, if it's a picture it will take me less than a maximum of five hours, if it's a musical piece it will take about one week

what kind of people do you think tend to buy your artwork?
          - I haven't sold any pictures yet, only my designs, but I haven't sold them yet because I needed them for something else. I don't sell my music, I give it away, and for the rest, I think only those who like this kind of stuff, let it be literature or something I designed ... I haven't thought about it yet.



  what genres of art attract you the most?
        - surreal, dark, funny, abstract



 

what is a typical day for you like from sunrise to sunset? 
       - get up, go to school, get home, get my artwork done, go to bed - I don't need any relaxation, I hate sleeping, 'cause it takes so long - and don't forget my girlfriend!

 

 what kind of styles and methods do you demonstrate in your artwork?
        - I do not demonstrate, I do, and I don't care about any classification.


 how would you describe your perspective on life? 
- live and create art

and finally, if your house was on fire and you had five minutes to grab 3 things, what would they be?            
money, love and my diaries - I need so many things to be happy, mostly media that helps me create art. for example, my guitars, my laptop, with all my photos, pictures, and novel pieces.i think that after all is lost - I could make art out of the whole tragedy - so I don't need all the media, my paintings, books, CDs and stuff, only something to grab ideas from.also money, 'cause you NEED money, always, anywhere, and my love, because living in a world without love is living in no world at all!


external links: