Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fabio Artist Interview

 Name-Fabio                                                       
Location- small country near Padua
Age- 25
Education- diploma of paintings - Maestro d'Arte
     
what was your first memory?
i do not know very well. all my past memories '
till 11 years old are all foggy and blurry 
... however, I seem to remember a bee stings me a finger




 what do you enjoy most about being an artist?
I love to express myself without being subject to rules dictated by someone, or setting. it is a fact of pure and total self- centeredness.
Going against the rules I was taught at school ("Do not mix the ink with oil colors" or "Your anatomical proportions are wrong ...")
I love to challenge and provoke, rubbing it all. Simple but effective ...


 what do you think separates you from other artists?
Well. I do not know ... I think I'm not very original.
Here, I'm probably different from other artists because I paint something bad and unoriginal.
Or maybe i’m just like all the others?

 how would you describe your artwork?
my art is old, dirty, cold, raw, stinking, rotten, disgusting, hateful, encrusted, weak ... dead ... useless ...
but I love it...

 do you remember the first piece of art you constructed?
Yes
It was a drawing in pen and ecoline, painted on cotton paper, made in 1999. If I'm not mistaken I threw it away. It was crap ...
or are you referring to the first drawing I've ever done? Because I believe that even this three-headed monster that I drew when I was three years with an indelible mark on a telephone book, is a work of art ...

 do you have any current projects you are working on now?
I follow my instincts a lot, my inspiration. It may take even months before I start again to draw ...
I'm not actually doing anything ...

 where do you get your inspiration from?
I do not know exactly ... maybe I have an idea in my head that I start from a specific starting point but in the end I do not follow anything in particular. I am very attentive to the feelings I have in that moment. Painting in the grip fit of anger - depression - rage - neurotic attack - discomfort - is very funny ..

 are there any particular artists you follow?
Yes, I love Schiele, Giger, Beksinski and Bacon. But also I really appreciate artists with very different styles such as Bosch, Koons, Mapplethorpe, Saturno Buttò ...
I also love all the shit that I see exhibited by emerging artists, every two years, at the Venice Biennale ... is a fantastic place, poised between brilliance and bullshit ...

how long does it take you to complete a piece of art?
Depends ... sometimes I am literally overwhelmed by an image that impresses me in the brain and within one afternoon I finished the painting ... other times it may take up to 8, 9 months to finish a work ...

what kind of people do you think tend to buy your artwork?
No one! Me too will never buy one of these paintings!
Seriously, is there any villain that buys me some work, sometimes ...
Basically I think that anyone could buy and understand my work ... although not equally.
I'll give you an example: I could portray Jesus Christ hanging on the cross, all bloody and dirty ... maybe one of those fanatical priests would buy it immediately, but if for him would be a sacred image be venerated, for me it will be just nothing more than a shady guy sentenced to death ...

 what genres of art attract you the most?
What amazes me, that makes me say "WTF" ...

what is a typical day for you like from sunrise to sunset?
I wake up, go to work, lunch at 12:30, return to work (I am a screen printer working class 8 hours a day) I get home, I poop, I wash, and have dinner. And if I have free time I paint.

 what kind of styles and methods do you demonstrate in your artwork?
I do not know ... those seen ... I like the violence of some of my work ...

 how would you describe your perspective on life?
Limited. Quite limited. if not null ...
I live in Italy. pizza- spaghetti- mandolino-Mafia- .... In Italy there is nothing else ... or maybe, there's something else ... as precarious employment and social crisis, the politicians who are elected by themselves, the total lack of democracy, TV-brain-fuc k-cult ... is so everywhere or only in Italy?

 and finally, if your house was on fire and you had five minutes to grab 3 things, what would they be?
Mum , dad and my brother.


External links: